SLA Print - sort of

 My SLA print model has been having some real infuriating issues so I'm putting it on the backburner temporarily. 



My design is of repeating heptagon pinwheel type shapes, and just figuring out where the bounding box goes to create a repeating pattern was very difficult so I'm very proud I was able to achieve that. 
However, when I went to surface morph the design to my object, things started to get really ugly. My brep was a whole polysurface so I chose to split it into surfaces before using the same definition on each surface, but some surfaces like the circle face (surface morphed as a square??) and the end partial sphere (surface morphed as the whole sphere I created the shape from even though it doesn't exist anymore) proved very frustrating to deal with as I couldn't understand what the damn problem was. 

To fix this issue, I think my only solution would be to create a simpler shape to surface morph my design onto because this is getting ridiculous. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elephant Progress: part 2 electric boogaloo

Gemelli